Aveshka is supporting U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters (USCG HQ) Office of Contingency Planning and Exercise Policy (CPE) by developing policy for USCG incident management, contingency planning, exercises, and interagency cooperation. These policies enhance preparedness through effective plans, comprehensive exercises, capturing lessons learned, and implementing corrective actions to improve future contingency response operations. The USCG preparedness program is used to address All Hazards – All Threats through All Hazards Contingency and Operational Plans
Assist the overall USCG Continuity of Operations (COOP) program by:
• Developing organizational policies, plans, and procedures for implementing COOP plans and assessments of Directorate COOP capabilities in accordance with all Federal requirements, DHS, DOD, and USCG policies.
• Developing an all-hazards USCG HQ COOP Policy, including reviewing and updating the policy periodically.
• Facilitating COOP Working Group.
• Assisting in the identification and update of Mission Essential Systems for COOP Program.
• Updating Business Impact and Business Process Analyses of Mission Essential Functions (MEFs).
• Establishing Orders of Succession and Delegations of Authority.
• Identifying essential records, facilities, and record safe guards.
• Updating and maintaining continuity hand books that include sufficiently detailed information and instructions necessary to implement continuity operations and exercises.
• Assisting the USCG in performing and analyzing primary and alternate COOP facilities’ annual risk assessments, business process and business impact analyses, quarterly and annual communications tests, and identifying critical functions and assets.
• Performing integration of day-to-day communications and business systems to continue essential USCG Headquarters and field operations.
• Coordinating USCG COOP plans and activities with other federal agencies, including DHS, DOD, and the United States Navy.
• Assisting the USCG in maintaining the accuracy and currency on the personnel database of the USCG’s Alert and Warning System (AWS).
• Assisting in developing and conducting an annual one (1) day COOP Awareness Policy and planning Seminar. The audience will include USCG personnel from Headquarters’ COOP Working Group and the COOP planning personnel from the Area Commands, Districts, and Sectors.
• Assisting the USCG in evaluating and capturing lessons learned during COOP exercises and updating and maintaining COOP plans, policy, and documentation accordingly.
• Providing reports on COOP lessons learned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management or related field.
• 3+ years of experience related to job responsibilities.
• Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP)/Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) Certification.
• DoD or Coast Guard experience.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of COOP and emergency management.
• Ability to perform the full range of complex and difficult professional analytical, programmatic and administrative duties involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and evaluate assigned programs, projects, events, or technical area.
• Oversee and participate in the development and administration of program goals, objectives, and procedures.
• Ability to lead diverse project tasks and workgroups to reach client goals and objectives.
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)