The Joint Service Provider (JSP) program provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and other various OSD offices to meet mission and business requirements.
Through the accomplishments of the DCO IDM program (formerly known as the Computer Network Defense (CND) Program), JSP performs a wide variety of cybersecurity services and functions required to assure the operational, physical, and information security posture for Department of Defense (DOD) Services within CONUS and OCONUS.
The scopes of the DCO IDM tasks are functionally grouped by End Point Security, Network Security, NDWO and Incident Handling.
(Sat/Sun 6am - 6pm Tue/Wed 4PM - 12AM)
The Network Defense Watch Office (NDWO) has three main functions:
* Single point of entry and dissemination for IA, CND and Cyber Security related information, taskings, orders, alerts, warnings, notices and products. The NDWO also the single point of exit to report on the same information to higher headquarters to include any Requests for Information (RFIs).
* Maintain situational awareness on the status of all security related developments, taskings, orders, alerts, warnings, notices and products. They serve as the primary liaison within the CND division and coordinate with other JSP divisions, the JSP NOC Battle Captain, DISA, JFHQ-DoDIN, USCYBERCOM, other TIER II organizations, and tenant organizations.
* Consolidates trending of cyber security metrics and creates the products that are required for briefing leadership, partners, and customers regarding computer network defense.
NDWO also functions 24x7x365 including holidays, weekends and days the Government is shut down.
As a NDWO Analyst, you will:
* Demonstrate an in-depth level of knowledge of order processing and tracking throughout a large organization and correlate reporting for other organizations
* Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to team collaboration
* Have experience with incident handling procedures
* Demonstrate a successful track record for delivering on time monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Bachelor's degree in an IT related field; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
6+ years of network administration experience
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)