Aveshka is Seeking an AIX / Unix Administer. The candidate will have 5 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. performing administration and maintenance activities on various UNIX and Linux servers in use at the CBP., troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements.
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain Unix based systems in a virtual environment
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
• Provides tier 2 and 3 supports for escalations from Help Desk
• Knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux and Unix based systems
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Must be able to support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed (aside from on-call rotation)
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization as well as perform system capacity analysis and planning
Seeking an Compute Systems Lead. The candidate will have 5 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program.
The Linux / Unix Administer is responsible for the technical direction, issues, architecture, technical integration and technical service levels. Define technical requirements & design to support defined business requirements, develop technical architecture components, participate in detailed design and code reviews, reviews system performance and consumption issues, review test plans, and provide technical guidance. Define and ensure adherence to architecture standards and ensures the proper technical design decisions are being made. Must be knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, VMware virtualization technologies. Duties will include:
• Working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
• Possessing and applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
• Providing system administration and operational support for server infrastructure, hypervisor, and Operating Systems. Contractor shall design and implement automated failover and automated recovery solution.
• Implement, and maintain an Automated Configuration Management, by using tools including but not limited to Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or other according to OIT direction to ensure consistent configurations on all server operating systems.
• Manage and monitor the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing. Contractor shall design and implement automated resource management of virtual assets to include automated corrective actions for systems experiencing performance issues related to the technical stack from Operating System to Infrastructure (i.e., does not include middleware/Java/etc).
• Utilize tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment.
• Provide support to resolve incident, problem, or service requests that require subject matter expertise and cannot be resolved by the EOC. Task personnel shall provide final problem resolution.
• Work with EOC to implement automated preventative measures, proactive monitoring and system self-healing capabilities to limit outages/performance issues which impact service levels.
• Contribute to the Root Cause Analysis efforts when applicable.
• Coordinate with the designated government lead to establish an automated and on-demand capability for the reporting of Capacity/Performance to include the measurement and analysis of resource utilization and trends for both physical and virtual assets. Contractor shall also establish a dashboard for performance monitoring and resource utilization including Real-Time and Historical trends.
• Provide remote support for OS and standard software build installation activities as required to meet SLAs.
• Perform system or component configuration changes necessary to support Server Virtualization products.
• Provide and maintain security hardened baseline configurations (software) and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases across the Database and supporting products infrastructure
3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience• 4 years’ experience providing technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
• 4 years’ experience Directing compilation of records and reports concerning AIX operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots AIX performance issues.
• 4 years’ experience directing system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
• 2 years’ experience providing quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
• 4 years’ experience demonstrated professional expertise gained from experience with AIX / UNIX operating systems.
• US Citizenship
Experience in a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
• Supervision of complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
• Professional experience scripting in some administrative language (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, etc.).
• Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers.
• IBM AIX Administration V1.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)