Location: Springfield, VA
Aveshka is seeking an ACE DB2/SAP Administrator (SME Database Architect Jr.) to ensure the implementation of quality controls, metrics, and measures in support of contract deliverables. The role will require the individual to possess and apply storage area network and related data storage expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
The successful candidate The candidate will have 3 to 10 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program.
This engineer will support the ACE DB2/SAP Ops team in the Administration, development, test, or of the DB/2 systems that support the ACE platforms, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
This role supports efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of DB2/SAP service platforms using Accenture pre-developed automation assets. Optionally integrate with database virtualization tools such as Delphi to automate the migration of data across virtual infrastructure and reduce the time to deliver services for cross-environment data synchronization for testing
Utilize vendor scripting tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, and license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment to reduce time to deliver services
Key Duties include:
1. Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be “right sized” in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
2. Working with the ACE DB2/SAP Ops team in integrating, implementing, and operating ACE DB2/SAP systems across the entire enterprise and with cloud service providers to support 24x7x365 availability.
3. Provide problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases).
4. Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
5. Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
6. Support leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments).
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)