The NCCIC strives for a safer, stronger Internet for all Americans by responding to major incidents, analyzing threats, and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world.
As part of international partnership, the NCCIC International team engages with a variety of international organizations for information sharing and capacity building efforts.
NCCIC International focuses on customer support and relationship building by prioritizing and specializing information sharing with international entities. US-CERT International coordinates and supports engagements involving foreign entities. Support includes international information sharing coordination, in person exchanges, and product generation to track, inform, and/or enhance situational awareness.
• Builds and manages trusted relationships with International partners to strengthen the security, resilience, and reliability of U.S. federal networks
• Coordinates significant briefings, meetings, and conferences with partners and constituents during major incidents.
• Identifies information exchange channels between partners to allow wider access to critical cybersecurity information.
• Operates on a strategic level to create a shared situational awareness of events between all appropriate parties within the United State Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) and abroad.
• Aggressively identifies and responds to the information and action needs of partners and constituents.
o Ensures efforts add maximum value to the cyber community in order to take action on hardening their defensive cybersecurity posture.
• Provides technical briefings on US-CERT activities to numerous trusted international partners on a continuing basis to gain a common situational awareness.
• Maintains consistent communication, coordination, and relationship management processes to promote the flow of cybersecurity information.
o Presents at a weekly Multinational video teleconference on current operational topics.
o Presents at weekly SOC call with over 80+ federal agencies on currently operational topics.
• Coordinates with numerous NCCIC branches to provide international partners with analysis of malware and/or other indicators of compromise.
• Participates in inter-agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups to provide a global perspective and international partner feedback.
• Communicates, coordinates, shares information with several information sharing and analysis centers for insight into private sector incident operations.
• Assists with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for international partner management and internal processes.
• Supports the development of performance metrics to capture all contact with foreign partners.
o Identified data gap in the monthly International Cyber Operations report. This problem went unnoticed prior to arrival on the US-CERT International Team. In addition, I developed a method to close the gap to ensure the most accurate information is passed to leadership.
• Manages a community of interest on the Homeland Security Information Network, which allows foreign national's access to NCCIC technical products.
• Proactively assesses and fosters relationships between US-CERT and other international CERTs.
• Ensures leadership has all the necessary materials and meets all travel requirements for international conferences and technical exchanges.
• Provides engagement background information to domestic partners on all operational contact with a foreign partner.
• Manages victim notifications to foreign CERTs regarding malicious activity targeting the United States.
• Creating a consistent and valuable feedback loop for partners.
Must have an active TS clearance SCI eligibility.
Aveshka is an employee owned professional services firm dedicated to supporting our clients in areas of national interests. We provide solutions across Cybersecurity & Information Technology, Analytic Solutions, and Policy, Planning and Preparedness. Our team fuses technology, consulting, and subject matter expertise to assist our clients in defining critical problems, developing creative and innovative approaches, and implementing tailored solutions.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an equal opportunity employer.